New KOTR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the new knights of the round RP forum. Here we will begin writing the tale of the knights of the round.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

KOTR EP. 2

Go down 
+3
RokkuNaito
Choco
Admin
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Choco
Admin
Choco

KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 3:48 pm

OOC: Weeks. lol. Anyways, I'm going to move us to camp, otherwise we will spend a lot of time riding these things, not really doing anything.

It did not take long to reach camp, and sure enough it was quiet and undisturbed. In fact the only thing that looked remotely disturbed was Daeden's expression when Esker brought the strange group into the camp. As soon as they approached the massive demon stood firm and crossed his arms. He gave Esker a look of disappointment, knowing very well what he had done to save Ryde's life. He and Esker would discuss this later.

The moon hung over head now; the once golden landscape now falling into twilight. A cool breeze rolled over the dancing grass and a welcoming calm filled the air. Daeden scanned Esker's new companions. One was a star elf, a stella nympha. He had tasted this being's kind before; eons ago Daeden and a few other demons infiltrated the stella's island for their exotic flavor. It was more for pleasure than domination, though the Zealot who had bridged the gaps between realms had other plans. The stellas lost many, but they managed to send Daeden and his companions back to their realm and the Zealot who summoned the demons was punished by the local populace. This stella carried the same exotic, tangy taste as his people, but with a sweet after taste that he could only identify as blissful innocence.

The other two were a mystery. The elf woman had a sour taste; One that had been tainted by a twisted past. This flavor was one Daeden loved to exploit. Sour mortals, from Daeden's experience, were loners and preferred to stay as such and so had little patience with other beings. Esker was also sour and was easily angered; perhaps this woman would be the same. This made Daeden happy; he would have fun pushing her buttons.

The third was a strange human. He had a very spicy flavor that disguised itself behind a sweet facade. It was like tasting a sweet pepper that slowly burned your tongue with an after taste that becomes progressively spicier as it goes unchecked. Daeden was not one to indulge in such a flavor, as humans that tasted like this were very witty and would play word games. Daeden hated word games and riddles. However, he had to admit, this flavor was very entertaining when let loose on a group of mortals.

Esker rode on the back of Ryde's leona with the elf woman. As soon as they pulled up Esker dismounted and stood to face the rest of the group. Daeden had not seen Esker act in such a way, leading a group of people as though he felt something for their cause.

"This is camp" Esker said "Best we rest and depart in the morning."
Back to top Go down
JOLE
Admin
JOLE

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 9:35 pm

Brynn, still atop the Leone looked to the sorcerer and spoke mockingly, "Please, why don't you inform those of us what is developing here. What exactly did you do to him?"

Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 24, 2011 1:03 am

Nightfall came and the party found a place to set camp. With Rydelus resting, Lysander found a tree to get firewood from. Leaping up, he took four slashes and landed. Thick branches fell to his feet seconds after Lysander cut them. Gathering the wood, he felt the bark and saw it was wood that would burn. Growing up in Lunastium, let alone a hidden island at that, survival techniques were taught to him since he was a child and through years of practice, the outdoors became a second home to him. He then saw a large stone that sat in the grass, not too far from the tree. Activating his blood rush, he focused his energy into one brutal punch and drove his fist into the stone. The stone cracked and pieces broke off, crumbling into smaller stones. Gathering the stones, he moved to what would make a good fire pit area. Lysander laid the stones in a circle and broke the branches into thinner pieces before standing them in a cone. He then touched the tip of the branches and ignited them with a fire spell. The wood soon caught fire and crackled with a warm glow. Taking some time to enjoy the fire, he looked around at his new comrades.

The bard had an aquamarine essence that glowed warmly; a cheeky man of cheerful character it seemed. Brynn had a purple essence with silver linings that slowly would dissipate upwards; a lady of secrets and solemn demeanor, yet bearing a degree of sensitivity and magical affinity. A dwarf that Lysander hadn't met approached the fire gave off an orange aura, bright and steady; surely a man of bold character. Esker radiated a different one; his was black with tinges of violet. Esker definitely had something ethereal about him, that's for sure as well as seeming to bear a great pain. A trail from his essence made it's way nearby...but to where? The essence trail led to a demon who stood away from the party.

"Oh wow, a demon; from what the arcane studies class said, demons can also read and feed off essences. I know stella nymphas have a history with them...wait a minute.If I'm not mistaken, that's Daeden, one of the legendary demons who attacked them! And yet he just sits there...stoic compared to how he was in the past; not only that, but he seems to link to Esker's essence...interesting." Lysander sat there at the fire, listening to Brynn and Esker discuss matters on what to do next.
Back to top Go down
Aquamatt

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Colin followed everyone and just did his thing he pulled out his mandolin and started tuning, then casually plucked a few songs off and on, as he watched the Nymph do all the work lighting the fire, and getting the place up. He kept looking at the demon…..really…really…..he thought to himself. What exactly was the party all about…

He then heard the elf speak to the little Warlock and stopped playing waiting for a reply…as he was interested himself…”Yes..what exactly did you do to him?” He seconded the question by Brynn, he thought that is what the Warlock had called her earlier.

He then waited…as he once again casually plucked his instrument, a tune that would help the others stay calm and get their bearings about them once more, and one that would send Rhyd good thoughts and happy memories..if he had any from the past..to help him heal…as much as it could.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 1:04 am

Rydelus had long exhausted his Mushin state, believing the ability would hinder his healing. He entered a purely conscious state, where his mind wandered his entirity, his whole being. His mind had become cluttered over the years. Ryde's mind took on the appearence of a library, a vast collection of wisdom and experiences Ryde received over the fifty years of his existence. Ryde slowly traveresed the long shelves of his mind. He was amazed at his un cluttered youthful life, he passed his childhood and teenage life. It was serene and exhuberant with grace and ignorance. Ryde's grin slowly started to dissolve as he entered his young adult. It was the largest part of his mind, but also the most unorganized. Books layed on the floor stacked upon each other. Books lay open, books were torn, books were burned. Ryde stood speechless at this. The difficulties of aging and maturing, he thought tohimself. Ryde surveyed the scene, until one book caught his eye. A jade green novel piqued his interest as he stepped towards it. Kneeling down he grasped the novel in one hand, bringing it to his eyes. The book had no title or fancy embrodering. Just A bright green book. Ryde open the dusty novel to the front page and began to read.

It was the day he met Brynn.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Esker was tired and did not feel like explaining things, but he did owe these people an explanation.

"I saved his life" Esker said coldly "I bound his soul to mine and Daeden's" he pointed to the overwhelmingly large demon standing beneath a tree with his arms crossed.

He looked at each one of them, fatigue wrapping around his face as he starred. The elf woman would not be easy and most likely would want more answers. He did not know what to think of the singing man, just that his melodies that he began playing did lighten the mood and make Esker feel better. The dark skinned elf man got strait to work setting up his part of the camp; he asked no questions and worked with a smile on his face. Esker liked this guy.

"Ryde will live" he said as he sat at the fire. "I guess we should start with names. My name is Esker and that guy over there" pointing to the crimson demon once more "is Daeden."
Back to top Go down
Sovietcake

Sovietcake

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:19 am

Lions eyes slowly creaked open as a wave of shivers went down his spine. He instantly shut his eyes again and rolled over, but then he heard the voices of unfamiliar people. 'BANDITS!' he thought as he opened his eyes and sprung up with pain ready. "I SHALL BREAK YOUR BONES AND SIT ON YOUR LIFELESS CORPSE'S AS I DRINK A PINT YOU FILTHY BANDITS!" Lion screamed as the midnight moon shined off his armor.
Back to top Go down
JOLE
Admin
JOLE

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2011 6:38 pm

OOC: I apologize for the wait. I will never make you guys wait that long again. Sorry :[

Eskers words meant nothing to Brynn as she discharged herself from the Leona. She did not introduce herself, instead she walked past the squandering midget and walked at the far said of camp. She found a dry place to sit, and perched herself in the shadows.

She looked to Ryde, he was still out and now resting by the fire. Her eyes then lifted to the tall elf man who tending the fire, he was a beautiful sight. His physique was strong, his hair was lengthy and wild. He had that exotic appearance that only a stella nymph could. Her sight then shifted quickly as the bard began singing. She did not enjoy his singing. His presence frustrated her. Compared to Esker, or the nymph, this man was so plain, so human. His clothes were well kept, and his hair fell perfectly by his face, not at all like the wildness of the nypmhs. The patch of hair at his chin was neatly crafted and his hazel eyes stood pleasantly in the background. He was indeed a well kept human, but a human non the less.

The daemon in at the opposite edge of camp was also placed in the shadows. His figure was large, and his shape was that of a large lizard. Large horns stuck out from his head and shoulders. Brynn thought of how pitiful it was that this massive Deaden was controlled by someone as scrawny as Esker.

She did not enjoy many things of the company her former leader was keeping, but until he awakes, she would tolerate their company.
Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2011 7:47 pm

"I SHALL BREAK YOUR BONES AND SIT ON YOUR LIFELESS CORPSE'S AS I DRINK A PINT YOU FILTHY BANDITS!" the dwarf barked in a drunken tone as he stood up, delirious and half awake. Lysander looked to him, then back at the fire. "He must be drunk." Lysander was listening to what Esker had to say between him and Brynn. Esker, weary from the events of the day dryly spoke to her, ""I saved his life. I bound his soul to mine and Daeden's." "So it was some sort of soul binding ritual...nevertheless, it saved Rydelus' life." Esker moved towards the fire and began speaking again. "Ryde will live; I guess we should start with names. My name is Esker and that guy over there is Daeden." Lysander saw Brynn dismount the leona and say nothing as she walked away from the center of the encampment to where it was darker. The stella nympha spoke, "My name is Lysander." With that, Lysander wanted to find a place to think to his self; he had a lot on his mind and preferred to be alone with his thoughts. He stood up and leapt to a tree branch, grabbing on to it and hoisting himself up. From there he quickly bounded off several more, ascending to a solid thick branch.

The moon sat brightly in the sky and Lysander's eyes reacted to it by glowing again. A stella nympha's eyes glowed whenever the moon was out, a deep emotion ran through them or using the blood rush ability; a combination of the first two reasons did it for Lysander. A good twenty feet above the camp, he looked around at his new comrades again. Esker was sitting at the fire near Rydelus, who still rested. "If Esker could do something like that ritual, he must be well versed in dark magic; something like that isn't light work when it comes to magic." The dwarf was startled, but he seemed to calm down some. "The dwarf seems drunk off the ale but otherwise seems personable." Daeden stood there, arms crossed and silent. "Daeden; it's amazing he just sits there, compared to the history he had with our race." The bard was playing his instrument and singing songs to soothe the mood of things. "The bard looks to be the most approachable one; very friendly too at that as well as magically inclined with his music." Lysander then looked to Brynn; suprisingly, she was glancing at him too. She had a rather unnverving look, yet there was something gentle about it. Both made eye contact; Lysander noted her mysterious yet alluring presence. "Her beauty is not to be taken for face value; there's an underlying fierceness to her...and yet she maintains a gentle calm about her as well...what a beautiful duality." Lysander sat back against the trunk and looked to the moon, thinking of the events from the day.

"Here we are at camp; several new allies, guards after us, what is all of this? Could these people have something or someone they're searching for too? How do Rydelus, Esker and Brynn all know one another? Even moreso, what's the connection between Daeden and Esker? The bard seems to be the only other outsider here...that is, maybe the three don't know each other very well and just stand as associates? Ah, I can't dwell on this for too long or I'll overthink it; I need to stay focused on finding Alexia. Something in Arkose seems to be happening, that's for sure. It's too well-occured, these events. Nothing's ever coincidence, and this too obvious to be an exception as well. Maybe the Black Dawn is involved with this? Was the man who shot Rydelus part of their ranks? If so, I'll hunt him down to the ends of Turast for what he's done. Right now, my main target are the Black Dawn. Alexia, hang in there for me. I'll bring you back to Lunastium...back home."
Back to top Go down
Aquamatt

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:42 pm

He listen to Esker speak, and noted his name and the demons as well. He would be weary of these two, but then again even if the warlock used evil magic he did save the man’s life. He looked around at the crew as the warlock spoke, and noticed they were all looking at each other…geez…awkward……….and then the nymph said his name. Well a name to another face, that was good, ok, so he knew everyone who was here…except then……………………………………………………….a noise, a ruckus at camp….then he saw.

He laughed as he heard the dwarf get up and yell…and then tilted his head…”Ah a request! Of course this is on the fly, but we shall see what we can do for you my good sir!”

“I shall break the bones and sit on your lifeless cropse’s, as I drink a pint you filthy bandits!
For I am mighty and you are weak, I will give you no time to think! Oy Oy Oy Oy!
Make it a stout, make it a brew, but make sure that you do add in the glue that holds it all together now! Oy Oy Oy Oy!
Stir it with a femur or spin it with a grin, it should taste like ‘original sin’ for that is the sweetest taste we know!
Mash em, and Smash em, and Grind them to flakes, laugh at them now, for in their boots they shake! Oy Oy Oy Oy!
Just as long as I get my pint and a nice corpse to sit upon….you filthy bandits”

He smiled as he finished the song, it was to make everyone grin a little bit, he wasn’t sure how resolute the dwarf would be, he knew they were stubborn at times, good thing was he did have some ale in a water skin in his pack, he pulled it out and nodded to the dwarf. “It’s ale from the plains if you care to have a drink? We are allies, who have brought the great Rydalus back, he was wounded but is now healing because of this young man” He pointed to Esker, and then smiled as he nodded to Brynn. “And of course this beautiful elf”, and then twisted and pointed up to the tree to the large nymph, “He and I helped as well, so there is no need to fear…but if you still wish to drink, I would be happy to join you.” He said with a wink, as he smiled at the dwarf. He was ready on guard though, if the dwarf charged he had a plan, but usually his charisma worked.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 8:22 pm

Rydelus and his mercs traveled through the murky forest like a gathering of snakes, twisting in out of trees, bushes and rocks easily. He taught each one how to travel silently and safely, so as not to be tracked. He was currently mentoring his newest recruit, Brynn, the young and lovely elf; the way of the mercenary. She had picked up everything fast, she was no novice with a sword, which had a peculiar hint of the Royal Elves style, mixed with a Stella Nymph's fighting style. It also didnt help that Brynn was also very eager to learn, she practiced nonstop, as if she had the dream of becoming a merc her entire life. When they reached the end of the forest, they saw a small clearing of a clear forget-me-not blue lake, that formed into a small river that travel southwest, and a large camp settled near the bank. The mission was to reclaim a stolen treasure from the local Royal Tennant. Brynn was to take this misson alone. Her mission objective was to steal the object back, without killing any of the thieves. Ryde watched as Brynn silently and stealthily reached the Bandits campsite. Ryde and the other 8 mercs watched with interest at Brynn, each having a similar mission to be inducted in the group. The campsite was huge, easily fitting around twenty people, a dimily lit fire stood in the middle, it looked as if it was just put out. Ryde's instincts roared at him, but he pushed them away for the time being. It was not until Brynn had easily reclaimed the Golden chalice did Ryde Know that something was afoot. He should have been more perceptive. Before he a chance to call out it was an ambush, a sharp silver blade had been pressed against his throat, as a man breathed heavily down his back. He should have known it was a Trap.

Rydelus and Arjax kicked up the dirt around them as they charged the oncoming siege of men before him. This was a War. Behind him, the crimson and inky black tide of warriors swelled, like a giant wave that would crash down upon the opposing force. The sound was immense, the there were roars and battle cries from both sides, Rydelus did not speak another word, his troops knew what was coming, and did not need reassurance. The Barbarians of the mountains were outnumbered 4 to 1, this was sure to be a slaughter.

Rydelus had led Arjax to the top if a large sand dune, so as to get the best position for the upcoming battle. The desert inhabitants that plagued upon the Talc trade wagons has gone on long enough, Arkose has sent Military power to stop this menace. Ryde looked uneasily at the dwelling of the sand people. He had not wanted this, there were better ways then jsut showing ones strength, he did not like this at all.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Esker sat solemnly starring into the fire. The song that Colin was playing certainly made the mood much better considering Brynn and Lysander had gone off into their own comfort zones. He had never been one to partake in that ale stuff that Lion had been putting away since Esker met the dwarf, but he figured he would have some if it came from the bard.

Esker grabbed the skin with a bit of an annoyed motion. He filled his mouth with the foul smelling liquid and felt as though he wwanted to throw up. It was a terrible taste and Esker's face wrinkled into a face that looked as though he had just been punched in the crotch. The ale burned as it rolled down his throat singing everything it touched until it finally rested in his stomach. Esker held the skin out to Lion as he attempted to clean his tongue by constantly licking his teeth, the disgusted look still upon his face.

"By the Arbiter's scorn, how do you drink this stuff, it taste far worse than it smells." Esker said.
Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Lysander slowly drifted off to sleep. His mind was racing with the events from today, thinking of all the people he had just met, fighting the guards, the assassin who made an attempt on Rydelus' life; all of it was beginning to take a backseat as exhaustion replaced it. For some strange reason it had felt like a couple of months since he even conscious of being here...it might have been the tiredness kicking in. Resting his head against the trunk, he looked up to the stars and drifted off into sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KOTR EP. 2   KOTR EP. 2 - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KOTR EP. 2
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3