New KOTR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the new knights of the round RP forum. Here we will begin writing the tale of the knights of the round.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rydelus' Mount, Arjax

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

Rydelus' Mount, Arjax Empty
PostSubject: Rydelus' Mount, Arjax   Rydelus' Mount, Arjax I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 12:32 am

The domesticated mountable lions called Leona, are staple mounts of generals and commanders of the Arkose Army. They are twice the size of regular lions, and are twice as vicious. But are extremely loyal to their owner. more will come just visualize Rydelus riding a massive lion. Epic.

The name is scheduled to change but whatever.

The Leona are an ancient breed, having been around since the creation of Silica, these beasts were the top land predator, usually only rivaled by the ancient dragons inhabiting the mountains of Turast. These beasts usually feed on horses or small game. The leona live long loves, usually living somewhere between 120 to 150 years old. They only recently became domesticated around 100 years ago, now being used as mounts and carriage steeds, they are a very reliable and loyal breed. There only a few wild Leona plaguing the Countryside of Silica, the last band of un-domesticated breed, they are exceptionally ferocious and savage, and The Leona Trainers have given up all hope to ever catching them.

Leona are said to be superstitiously known for both good and bad luck. A Leona seen at sunrise is said to bring the seer good luck all month, while seeing a Leona at night is said to bring death, or horrible illness.

Arjax, is Rydelus' personal female Leona, having received one when he first gained General. Since then, Arjax has had over 15 years of service with Ryde, having seen over 200 battles, she is a battle hardened Leona with protective metal armor made specifically for Arjax. She has saved Ryde's Life countless times, and Ryde has also saved her. Since the loss of Brynn, Arjax has become one of the only things Ryde has cared for so much. Arjax is his Partner, Arjax is his Friend.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: Rydelus' Mount, Arjax   Rydelus' Mount, Arjax I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:17 pm

in mtg the lion thing you see all the knights riding are called leotau. They are half horse half lion. they look fucking sweet btw. google image search leotau to see what they look like. i cant post images from work. but i like that they are in the world.
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: Rydelus' Mount, Arjax   Rydelus' Mount, Arjax I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:01 am

so word on the street is that you want arjax to be the same size as alakh. AND its magic resistant?

no.
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: Rydelus' Mount, Arjax   Rydelus' Mount, Arjax I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:54 am

Soso word on the street is shawn can't take a joke, I was never gonna make it alhk or whatevers sizee. The same size as those magic the gathering lions. And if I can't make it magic resistant. Then there is specially made armor for it,the armor is slightly magic resistant then. Btw next time you shoot someones idea down, don't jsut say no. Actually add some critique to it. Just saying no is just SOOOOOOO helpful right?
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: Rydelus' Mount, Arjax   Rydelus' Mount, Arjax I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 5:08 am

why you trying to be like shawn and i and have a pet?

and i still think that magic resistant armor is stupid. In fact resistances of any kind are stupid. In reality magic resist is just a d&d thing that works well on paper! It doesn't work in this kind of free form combat where nothing is governed by armor class, spell power or resistances. This is raw, unrefined story.

If i set your lion on fire, it still burns. Its fur catches flame, and it still hurts. The armor may be ok, but its still goling to hurt.

If someone froze Dyllan in a block of ice, his resistance don't do shit to stop it. He gets frozen.

If you stab Daeden with a magically enchanted sword, it still makes a wound, he still bleeds an d it still hurt a shit ton!

The list goes on. Magic resistance in RP is the equivalent to the cake in portal. A LIE!
Back to top Go down
RokkuNaito

RokkuNaito

PostSubject: Re: Rydelus' Mount, Arjax   Rydelus' Mount, Arjax I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 12:45 pm

I think magical resistances would work, it doesn't have to be a to a particularly high degree, just either A, reducing severity of attack or B, reducing the pain to it- my personal suggestion is to allow it, except to just only a few things and very toned down
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: Rydelus' Mount, Arjax   Rydelus' Mount, Arjax I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Choco wrote:
why you trying to be like shawn and i and have a pet?

and i still think that magic resistant armor is stupid. In fact resistances of any kind are stupid. In reality magic resist is just a d&d thing that works well on paper! It doesn't work in this kind of free form combat where nothing is governed by armor class, spell power or resistances. This is raw, unrefined story.

If i set your lion on fire, it still burns. Its fur catches flame, and it still hurts. The armor may be ok, but its still goling to hurt.

If someone froze Dyllan in a block of ice, his resistance don't do shit to stop it. He gets frozen.

If you stab Daeden with a magically enchanted sword, it still makes a wound, he still bleeds an d it still hurt a shit ton!

The list goes on. Magic resistance in RP is the equivalent to the cake in portal. A LIE!

Excuse me, when did you become the expert on RPs? Just wondering. I can deal with no magical resistance, lol its whatever dude, just expect Arjax in the secondary chars forum soon
Back to top Go down
Choco
Admin
Choco

PostSubject: Re: Rydelus' Mount, Arjax   Rydelus' Mount, Arjax I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:02 pm

ok cool. and i HAVE BEEN AN EXPERT ON RPs!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gilgamesh
Admin
Gilgamesh

PostSubject: Re: Rydelus' Mount, Arjax   Rydelus' Mount, Arjax I_icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2011 4:23 pm

Put it on your Resume

Joey Hill: Expert RP.
Has battled demons, elves, demon elves, old guys and bandaged guys.
Since 2010
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rydelus' Mount, Arjax   Rydelus' Mount, Arjax I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rydelus' Mount, Arjax
Page 1 of 1